"We are in the final stages of studying two bids we received from two companies. The committee in charge of deciding on the best bid has been meeting for the past three months to choose the best offer," ICT Minister
The 4G service includes data transfer rates of up to 150 megabits per second.
"The specialised committee that was formed to study the two bids will choose the offer that is in the interest of the Treasury and citizens," he told The
In June, the
The country's three telecom operators — Orange Jordan,
They also said issuing a licence to a fourth operator is unfeasible, arguing that it would harm the sector and reduce the government's revenues, because "the Jordanian market is saturated".
Mobile penetration in
Internet penetration stood at 72 per cent at the end of the third quarter of 2013, with 4.864 million users, according to figures posted on the TRC website.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Daylight Savings Time Comes This Weekend
- Heavy Sanctions on Russia Could Backfire on West
- Lindsay Lohan, Jimmy Fallon Get Soaked on 'The Tonight Show': Watch