Speaking at the inauguration ceremony at the
He said the government had provided billions of rupees for development of the education sector and promotion of information technology. He said resources allocated for students were not an expenditure but useful investments into a prosperous future of the country.
He said e-learning was a part of a revolutionary programme started for promotion of information technology in the previous tenure of the government.
He said 10,000 laptops worth
He said internet facilities had been provided to universities and colleges and IT labs set up in 4,500 high schools of the province at a cost of
Shahbaz said an information technology university had been set up at the
He said the government was planning to set up a new campus where thousands of students would be able to acquire modern education.
He said students would benefit from textbooks at their schools and homes through the e-learning programme. He said the government would start a fuller e-library in the next phase.
Referring to the
He said loans worth
He said a million children were studying at private schools on fee vouchers provided by
He said the government had recruited 80,000 teachers during its last tenure. He said politicisation of teachers recruitment had destroyed the profession.
Minister for Education
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy