Rihanna has teased her new duet with Shakira, 'Can't Remember to Forget You', with a picture on Instagram.
The R&B superstar teased the new song by sharing a photo on Instagram with her followers and revealing the single release date, January 13, 2014.
The picture shows two director's chairs with the words "Shakira" and "Featuring Rihanna" on the back of each one and the Bajan beauty captioned the image, "One. Week. Countdown."
This comes as no surprise since Pitbull recently admitted his first choice for his new single 'Timber' had being Rihanna, but she was busy making music with Shakira so he recorded it with Ke$ha instead.
He said at the time: "That is an ironic situation there. The person we were looking at first to work on that record was actually Rihanna, and Rihanna had something she had to do with Shakira, so she wasn't able to work on our record."
The single is taken from Shakira's highly-anticipated new album, her first English-language effort since 2009's 'She Wolf', which is due out this Spring.
The Colombian singer has been taking time off from her music career to focus on raising her 11-month-old son Milan with her partner Gerard Piqué.
Original headline: Rihanna reveals Shakira duet details
Most Popular Stories
- Prosecutor to Investigate Walmart Police Shooting
- GM to Announce New Jobs in Tennessee
- Mark Sanchez Suddenly a Hot QB Commodity
- Smith & Wesson Misses Target
- Emirates Hit Libyan Targets With Airstrikes
- Michael Brown Funeral: Can Americans Change the Script of Violence?
- American Killed With ISIS Fighters in Syria
- Marco Rubio Warns Obama on Deportations
- Surf's Up! SoCal Prepares for Big Storm Surf
- Ford Hires 300 at Louisville Lincoln Plant