President Mamnoon Hussain will inaugurate a high profile roundtable conference on ”Islamic banking - Pakistan’s potential“ to be held in Governor House, Karachi on January 15 . The conference to be presided over by Finance Minister Ishaq Dar will be attended by all stakeholders including Presidents and Chief Executive Officers of banks, President of Islamic Development Bank and some top bankers of Malaysia who have played a major role in development of Islamic banking. Governor State Bank Yaseen Anwar will deliver a key-note address in the RTC which has been has been convened after getting inspiration from the three-day World Islamic Economic Forum in London where Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and Finance Minister Ishaq Dar were among other high-profile invitees from the Muslim world. Keeping in view the tremendous potential in Islamic banking, the stakeholders including experts in Islamic banking will present their views based on the possible steps the public and private sector should take to promote the Islamic Banking in Pakistan the volume of which is rising in the world. Pakistan is eying on its share in the Islamic banking which has touched figure of $1.6 trillion worldwide.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March