"We are using our unique abilities to bring amazing technology to every part of our lives," said
One of the main launches was the FZ-M1, a 7-inch 4K "tough pad" designed to meet the rugged specs of the military.
The device, according to
It also introduced a 20-inch 4K tablet with an
"It is our goal to lead the enterprise market for tablets," he said.
Taylor said that Panasonic is also very focused on automotive technology, call it "the fastest growing segment for Panasonic". Taylor showed images of a HUD, or heads-up display, that puts critical information for drivers, such as speed and directions, directly in the driver's line of sight.
However, even with Panasonic's effort to diversify its product range, televisions were still very much a large part of its presentation.
The company will launch 58- and 65-inch 4K screens this year, and it will also have a 4K OLED video screen that is 21-feet long on display at the show. Designed to enterprise use, it will have both concave and convex screens. The company will also launch a 4K Varicam, which is a enterprise-level video camera and a line of 4K projectors, which will be available later this year.
But the highlight of the television presentation was not the video screen, but Panasonic's new Life+ interactive screen, which will come with all of its 4K television in 2014, as well as some of its HD sets.
Life+ will allow members of the family to each have their own MyStream accounts, which will be able to provide recommendation based on that person's viewing history. It will also be voice-assisted, have an info bar along the bottom and will even be capable of facial recognition.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder