• Eight serial ports configurable for RS-422 or RS-485
• Oscillator and clock prescalar support wide range of baud rates
• Supports 9-bit protocol framing and data rates to 921.6K bps
• Automatic RS-485 transmitter enable/disable via hardware
• Fully compliant with all PCI Express X1 slots
• Supported in Windows and Linux operating systems
Sealevel Systems announces the 7802e, a new PCI Express serial interface adapter that provides eight serial ports individually configurable for RS-422 or RS-485 communications. For error-free operation in high-speed serial applications, the board's high-performance 16C950 UART includes 128-byte FIFOs, eight times larger than those found on standard 16550 UARTs. Additionally, the 16C950 UART supports 9-bit framing and is fully software compatible with legacy UART applications. The 7802e is ideal for a variety of applications including test and measurement, security systems, and broadcast.
The 7802e derives a 62.5 MHz clock from the PCI Express link. This ultra-high speed clock is divided by a flexible 8-bit clock prescalar with 1/8 steps to provide support for the widest range of standard and non-standard baud rates. In RS-485 mode, the transmitter is automatically enabled in hardware, eliminating the need for application software control. This allows the 7802e to be used with standard serial applications while removing the risk of bus contention and data corruption.
All Sealevel PCI Express serial adapters include SeaCOM software for Windows and Linux operating systems. As an added value, customers also receive WinSSD, a full-featured application for testing and diagnostics including BERT (Bit Error Rate Testing), throughput monitoring, loopback tests, and test pattern message transmissions.
The 7802e is available immediately from stock priced at
Sealevel Systems, founded in 1986, provides industrial computing solutions in addition to a variety of communications and I/O products including PCI Express and PCI Bus cards, Ethernet serial servers, and USB serial adapters. The product line includes multi-port RS-232, RS-422/485, RS-232/422/485 multi-interface high-speed sync/async, and digital/relay I/O. For more information visit http://www.sealevel.com or call 864-843-4343.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/01/prweb11468661.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict