MetLife has provided privately owned hotel group Edwardian Group London with a £200m senior loan. The 20-year facility is secured against a portfolio of three prime assets comprising properties in London and Manchester . Laxfield Capital advised on the refinancing package for the group, which owns and manages 14 hotels including the Mayfair Hotel in London . Peter Anscomb , senior corporate director for the Edwardian Group London, said: “When considering the early refinance of our syndicate facility, our focus was on recreating banking partnerships with entities with proven sector experience and the desire to identify a party with the appetite to provide core 20-year finance. “MetLife was one of the handful of parties we first approached with these aims, and we are delighted to have now formalised this long-term relationship. We look forward to working with the team at MetLife and Laxfield.” Paul Wilson , managing director of real estate for MetLife in the UK , added: “We are committed to establishing strong relationships with top-tier real estate owners of core assets. “We are excited to be financing Edwardian’s May Fair , Heathrow and Manchester hotels as a key long-term component of the group’s overall refinancing program.” firstname.lastname@example.org
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again