ENP Newswire -
Release date- 06012014 -
Despite the increase, internet activity remained stable, attesting to the network capacity and resiliency of the leading telecommunications provider.
Globe said the increase in data traffic reflects the steady rise in demand for mobile Internet services, growing popularity of smartphones, tablets and online social applications as well as the expanded coverage of the company's fourth generation (4G) infrastructure through the combined technology of long term evolution (LTE) and high speed packet access plus (HSPA+).
'There has been a notable change in customers' behavior in sending holiday greetings as they now turn to their smartphones, tablets and computers to send Christmas greetings through online applications such as
Globe also reported that there was a 15% increase in voice traffic during the Christmas cross-over in 2013 compared to Christmas cross-over in 2012. SMS traffic, however, only increased by 1% during Christmas crossover in 2013 compared to a year earlier period. The minimal increase isattributed to the use of messaging alternatives such as
'The significant increase in data and voice during the holidays proves that our network is more capable in handling robust demand for fast and stable telecommunication services,' said Tan, adding that Globe did not suspend any promotional offer during the holidays, further attesting to resiliency and efficiency of Globe network even during peak season.
Last year, the company partnered with seven of the most popular chat applications providers, namely Viber, FB Messenger, KakaoTalk, WeChat, Gmessage, Whatsapp and Line to bundle with the company's most popular service offerings. Globe also introduced a partnership with
[Editorial queries for this story should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org]
((Comments on this story may be sent to email@example.com))
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap