With support for Java and for the
The new products1 will target applications from medical devices, automobiles and smart meters to shipping containers, home appliances and alarm systems.
The Cinterion M2M end-to-end portfolio of solutions and services provides secure, wireless connectivity within an intelligent Java framework to support the increasing number of innovative IoT applications.
This flexibility enables device manufacturers to build solutions within a single design to target any industry segment and any network technology, ensuring long-lasting and future-proof applications.
The Java software runs on the onboard application processors of the Qualcomm Gobi chipsets, which can eliminate the expense of additional processing and memory chips, and thereby reduce the overall cost, complexity and size of the solutions.
"We integrated Oracle Java onto our chipsets to enable the worldwide Java development community to imagine, develop and deploy creative, next generation, cost optimized cellular-based M2M applications," said
"Our family of powerful M2M products that support Java has been well received by customers. Multiple applications can run in parallel and a rich application environment allows the vast global Java developer community to reuse existing resources and speed up system integration. The architecture simplifies over-the-air provisioning and updates, enabling remote M2M application management that keeps solutions running for more than 10 years. "
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset