Eva Longoria is starting the New Year off with a notable honor.
Longoria was named by Maxim Magazine its Woman of the Year for 2014. And not only is she a beauty, Longoria is pretty smart too.
The actress recently got her master's degree in Chicano studies and is noted for her charitable work. In addition to the Eva Longoria Foundation, the TV star has supported charitable causes that include the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, UNICEF and the American Heart Association.
Longoria told the magazine, ""One thing people are usually surprised about when they get to know me is how domestic I am," she said. "So when you see the sexy Maxim cover and then you put it against me in an apron with flour in my hair, it takes a moment to reconcile that image."
It's the third time Longoria has appeared on the cover of Maxim Magazine. She appeared in 2005 and 2006 when she was named the hottest Female Star.
Longoria is busy behind the scenes directing and producing movies and television programs.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing