Eva Longoria is starting the New Year off with a notable honor.
Longoria was named by Maxim Magazine its Woman of the Year for 2014. And not only is she a beauty, Longoria is pretty smart too.
The actress recently got her master's degree in Chicano studies and is noted for her charitable work. In addition to the Eva Longoria Foundation, the TV star has supported charitable causes that include the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, UNICEF and the American Heart Association.
Longoria told the magazine, ""One thing people are usually surprised about when they get to know me is how domestic I am," she said. "So when you see the sexy Maxim cover and then you put it against me in an apron with flour in my hair, it takes a moment to reconcile that image."
It's the third time Longoria has appeared on the cover of Maxim Magazine. She appeared in 2005 and 2006 when she was named the hottest Female Star.
Longoria is busy behind the scenes directing and producing movies and television programs.
Most Popular Stories
- Bently Creates Alabama Small Business Commission
- When to Say No to Investors, Yes to Mentors
- Bolivar Appointed to NSHMBA National Board
- Duke Energy, Strata Partner on Big Solar Project
- SBA Kicks off Hispanic Heritage Month
- Rosneft Growth Slowed by Western Sanctions
- Ukraine Offers Temporary Autonomy to Rebel-held Areas
- Lindsay Lohan Claims She Handled Whitney Houston's Body Bag
- Cat Stevens Touring U.S., First Since 1970s
- Thousands Risk Losing Health Care Aid