The Croatian transport ministry said state-owned railway infrastructure operator HZ Infrastruktura has invited bidders to compete for a HRK 91.65mn ( EUR 12mn ) project for upgrading the 131.3-km Okucani – Vinkovci rail section in the northeast. The project will be co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund (ERDF), the ministry said in a statement posted on its website. The section is part of the EU transport network and pan-EU Corridor X. The statement added that the ERDF would also co-finance the HRK 205mn project for the construction of the 12.2 km suburban rail track Gradec - Sv. Ivan Zabno. HZ Infrastruktura announced on Dec 23, 2013 the tender for this project that will link Zagreb's district of Gradec with the nearby municipality of Sv. Ivan Žabno. The construction of the railway link is planned to start in October 2014 and to be completed in December 2016 .
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law