About 12.67 million cotton bales have arrived in the local market showing an increase of 9.36 percent as compared to the same period of last year. Cotton arrival in Punjab posted 7.7 percent increase as compared to same period of last year, said Cotton Commissioner in the Ministry of Textile Industry , Dr. Khalid Abdullah . Talking to reporter here on Monday he said that cotton arrival in Sindh Province also registered 13.49 percent increase as compared to the arrival of same period of last year. The cotton production target for Punjab was set at 9 million bales which was revised to 8.7 million bales and Sindh production estimates were also revised at 3.15 million bales due to flash floods in the country, he added. He said that production target of Balochistan was set at 0.018 million bales while Khyber Pakhtunkhwa given a task to produce about 0.0043 million cotton bales during last crop season. Cotton Commissioner said that final cotton crop output figures will be received during month of March. He said that crop production for the period under review was fixed at over 14 million bales which was revised due to damages made by torrential rains and flash floods across the cotton producing areas of the country. Dr. Abdullah said that cotton price was recorded at 89.1 Cents per pound in international market as compared to its 80.71 Cents per pound in local market where as it was registered at 83.9 Cents in Indian market. Meanwhile, he said that seed cotton prices at local markets of Sindh was recorded at Rs. 2,500 per 40 kg in Mirpur Khas, Rs. 2,700 in Sanghar and 2,900 in Khairpur. While, in Punjab it was recorded at Rs. 3,600 per 40 kg in Rahim Yar Khan , Rs. 3,700 in Bahawalpur and 3,200 per 40 kg in Multan and, he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11