With new software and technology for both private and public cloud services, this comprehensive new set of Videoscape cloud capabilities, part of the broader corporate virtualization strategy, will give service providers and media companies the ability to capitalize on the Internet of Everything . Together, they will provide simplified options to quickly deliver new consumer experiences, such as second screen and 4Kvideo, and offer more customization and personalization for viewing and sharing content across multiple devices.
New Videoscape Cloud Capabilities Include:
* Videoscape Cloud Services: Videoscape capabilities offered "as a service" To help service providers and media companies gain even more agility, Cisco is offering Videoscape Cloud Services. Utilizing the same software and APIs as the rest of Videoscape, Videoscape Cloud Services can be purchased "as a service" from Cisco on a consumption-based model. This approach enables these companies to complement existing infrastructures to rapidly deliver fresh, new video experiences for consumers, without the need to create, code, and integrate new capabilities themselves.
* Cisco Cloud Fusion for Videoscape: This unique Cisco strategy enables service providers and media companies to seamlessly mix-and-match elements from all modes of deploying Videoscape, including performance-optimized hardware and software appliances, cloud software, and cloud services. Recognizing that one size does not fit all, Cisco Cloud Fusion means that Videoscape can be tailored to the needs of each customer, allowing them to evolve to their choice of infrastructures without requiring costly replacements or major upgrades.
"Together with Cisco, we have tested and proven the value of innovative cloud-powered services. With shorter development and deployment intervals for new products, we view cloud as a way to help lower the costs of introducing new services with extremely flexible scalability."
"Our collaboration with Cisco is helping us to advance our service capabilities in a number of areas, including exploring cloud-powered, second-screen video experiences. Our successful deployment of the video application for The Voice Brasil has us excited about the possibilities to deliver similar experiences to our customers for even more programs to come."
"Cisco has been a trusted partner as we have worked to evolve our video platform to offer our subscribers unique video entertainment experiences, with access to more channels and more VOD titles than ever before - from multiple devices. We look forward to exploring together how Cisco's new Videoscape cloud capabilities can support and enhance our OpenStack-based private cloud video services, and our newly launched yesGO service."
"Videoscape leads the industry as a platform for delivering exciting video services and experiences. With these new Videoscape cloud capabilities, our customers have two additional ways to deploy Videoscape, meaning they can get new services to market faster than ever before. Plus our unique Cisco Fusion strategy allows customers to mix-and-match deployment options to best grow revenue and reduce their overall costs to roll out video services, including exciting second screen, 4K video and IoE based Connected Life services."
* Cisco Service Provider blog: SP360 : http://blogs.cisco.com/sp
* Cisco Videoscape TV service delivery platform: http://www.cisco.com/go/videoscape
* Follow Cisco Service Provider Video news and activities at CES 2014 on Twitter: #Videoscape, #CiscoCES
RSS Feed for Cisco: http://newsroom.cisco.com/dlls/rss.html
Cisco (NASDAQ: CSCO) is the worldwide leader in IT that helps companies seize the opportunities of tomorrow by proving that amazing things can happen when you connect the previously unconnected. For ongoing news, please go to http://thenetwork.cisco.com .
Cisco and the Cisco logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cisco and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and other countries. A listing of Cisco's trademarks can be found at www.cisco.com/go/trademarks . Third-party trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners. The use of the word partner does not imply a partnership relationship between Cisco and any other company.
Investor Relations Contacts
Industry Analyst Relations
Third Party Contacts
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Gas Prices May Jump from Calif. Emissions Law
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday