The Central Bank of Liberia (CBL) and UN Women have extended assistance to women groups in Gbarpolu County to foster empowerment of rural women. The CBL provided cash loans, while UN Women donated farming implements and seedlings to the women groups, according to the chairperson of the United Women Association of Gonbia , Madam Goma Golee. She told the Liberia News Agency (LINA) in Bopolu recently that the loans, farming implements and seedlings were provided through the initiative of the Ministry of Gender and Development to strengthen and build the capacities of the women groups. Madam Golee said the money and materials were given after needs assessment carried out by the CBL, UN Women and the Gender Ministry Focal Person. Madam Golee named organizations that benefitted from the assistance as the United Women Association , Bokama Women for Development and Allah Kanmene Women Organization . She also disclosed that some women groups received L$150,000, L$100,000 and L$50,000 based on the needs assessment. She challenged beneficiaries to make maximum use of the assistance and thanked the three institutions for their timely intervention in empowering the women.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet