The US markets were trading close to even on Monday, but company specific news was moving various sectors. News from the weekend that Boeing (BA) had struck a deal with the union to keep certain manufacturing in Washington has the stock trading higher by nearly 2% this morning, but analyst downgrades to Apple (AAPL) has the tech leader slumping this morning. Good morning this is Kristin Bianco with the Week Ahead Market Report for January 6, 2014 . In overseas trading, Japan 's Nikkei 225 Stock Average lost 2.3% and the Hang Seng was lower by 0.6% overnight. In Europe on Monday, the FTSE 100 was higher by 0.2% so far and the German DAX is higher by 0.3% today. In economic news, investors will review ADP payroll data on Wednesday, initial jobless claims on Thursday and the Labor Department's payroll report on Friday. In earnings news this week, Micron Technology (MU) reports on Tuesday, Bed, Bath & Beyond (BBBY) and Monsanto (MON) report on Wednesday and Alcoa (AA) reports on Thursday. Join us on Friday for the Weekly Market Wrap and have a wonderful week. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401WeekAhead010613&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?