Talking Points: US Dollar Remains Locked in Narrow Range S&P 500 Selloff Meets Interim Support Level Crude Oil Prices Sinking Toward Nov'13 Low US DOLLAR TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - Prices rose as expected after putting in a bullish Piercing Line candlestick pattern. A break above range resistance at 10706 targets 10727, the December 19 high, followed by a rising channel top at 10750. Alternatively, a move below range support at 10646 exposes the channel bottom at 10631. S&P 500 TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - Prices are testing support at 1828.14, the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement. A break downward initially exposes 1815.18, the 38.2% level. Near-term resistance is at 1849.10, the December 30 swing high. GOLD TECHNICAL ANALYSIS - Prices turned higher as expected after putting in a Harami candlestick pattern. A break above resistance at 1224.39, the 23.6% Fibonacci retracement, has exposed the 38.2% level at 1250.63. A further push beyond that aims for the 50% Fib at 1271.84. The 1224.39 mark has been recast as near-term support. CRUDE OIL TECHNICAL ANALYSIS- Prices fell as expected after putting in a Bearish Engulfing candlestick pattern. A break below 93.86, the 76.4% Fibonacci retracement, exposes the November 26 low at 91.74. Reversing above resistance at 95.17, the 61.8% Fib, targets the 50% retracement at 96.24.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March