Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has expressed the resolve of the government to weed out culture of nepotism for good and introduce merit-based system in the country. Speaking at a function held here in connection with Prime Minister's Youth Business Loans Friday, the Prime Minister deplored that disadvantaged segments of the society have remained ignored ever since independence and said it is duty of the government to give everyone his right. He said decisions should be made on merit and without consideration of casteÂ€š creedÂ€š parochialism or faith. Nawaz lauded people of Sindh for receiving migrants at the time of independence with open arms. He said all parts of the c o u n t r y demonstrated spirit of sacrifice but this was of unique nature in Sindh. He said Youth Business Loans are being given applicants purely on merit and even the Prime Minister has no discretion in the grant of loans. The prime minister further said banks too have no discretion and they will have to pen down reasons while accepting or rejecting applications for loans. He said positive results of Business Loans will start coming out after one year. He said economic activities generated through these loans will help increase GDP growth and exports of the country.
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law