Firefox OS becomes the latest system to power so-called smart TVs, which let viewers watch Internet video and interact with friends online on the big screen.
Mozilla's announcement and similar ones from LG,
But the slew of competing smart TV operating systems will make it difficult for services such as
On Monday, Mozilla and Panasonic said they will jointly develop and promote a version of Firefox OS for smart TVs.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study