Access Bank, Nigeria's fifth-largest lender, said it has completed a divestment from its Ivory Coast subsidiary, Access Bank Cote d'Ivoire. The unit was sold to Cameroun-based Afriland First Group . Afriland First Group is a financial services company active in Cameroun, Congo, Equatorial Guinea , Sao Tome and Principe and Zambia . Access Bank posted a net profit of NGN 21.1bn ( EUR 97.4mn ) for the first half of 2013, down 20% y/y, due to lower income form lending and higher costs. The bank merged with rescued rival Intercontinental in January 2012 . It has over 310 branches and service outlets in Nigeria , eight other sub-Saharan African countries and the United Kingdom .
Most Popular Stories
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Mt. Gox Files for Bankruptcy in U.S.
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- '300' Sequel Conquers Box Office Foes
- Sbarro Files for Bankruptcy Again