The free app called DEWA for smartphones and devices such as touchscreen computer tablets virtually does away with the need for paperwork or visiting a Dewa office. It allows registered customers to pay bills, activate a Dewa account when moving to a new residence, lodge complaints and much more.
The app is available in English and Arabic. It is compatible with "all operating platforms" such as Apple IOS, Google Android, Blackberry OS, Blackberry 10, Windows 8, Windows Phone and Samsung Home.
Dewa on Saturday said on its website (dewa.gov.ae) that the app is part of efforts to encourage customers to use smart services on a large scale.
It added that the campaign is in line with an initiative to transform
The updated app version 4.1 also includes quotes by
To access some sections, such as bill payment, users must log in with their customer user ID, which can be registered at the Dewa website.
Payments are made through the Dubai Smart Government mPay system, also available as an iPhone and Android app. A number of government entities are currently using this service, with Dewa being one of the first to implement it. The service "guarantees the highest degrees of security" and users must register first with their bank card details.
The Dewa app also provides customers access to its services such as conservation tips, lodging complaints and a bill reading guide bill with no requirement to register separately or log in.
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- Samsung Launches Milk Music
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu