Madonna has come under fire for posting pictures of her teenage son with a bottle of alcohol, with some fans branding her move "poor judgment".
The 'Die Another Day' singer put a picture on Instagram of 13-year-old Rocco with two friends, posing with bottles of vodka and gin, captioned: "The party has just begun! Bring it! 2014 (sic)."
Madonna is currently holidaying with her family, skiing in Gstaad, Switzerland, where the legal drinking age is 16.
While Rocco is seen posing with the bottle of spirits, he is not seen drinking it, and Madonna says he didn't consume any alcohol.
'WE WERE JUST HAVING FUN'
She wrote: "No one was drinking we were just having fun! Calm down and get a sense of humor! Don't start the year off with judgement! (sic)"
However, Instagram user Abbiesturm was upset, writing next to the picture of Rocco: "I work in addictions and see tragedy daily. I care enough about even Madonnas child to speak my view that it is poor judgment to glorify substances to children."
Madonna also raises Lourdes, 17, and adopted David Banda and Mercy James, both eight, and has previously admitted she wishes she were a tougher parent.
She said: "I think I am [tough], but honestly I don't think I'm as tough as I should be. I think I need to be maybe tougher. It's hard though. Everyday is a negotiation."
Most Popular Stories
- Islamic State Obliterating Cultural Landmarks in Mosul
- The 2014 Fastest-Growing 100
- 'Lucy's' Super Powers Tops 'Hercules' at Box Office
- VW Site Could Mean Another 2,000 Jobs for Chattanooga
- RV Sales See Highest Increase Post Great Recession
- Report: China to Declare Qualcomm a Monopoly
- Eid al-Fitr Celebrations Mark End of Ramadan
- Oppression of Women Cripples Africa: Obama
- Insecticides Permeate U.S. Food, Water Supply
- Anarchy, Chaos Sweep Across Libya