One news item that captured the headlines in the Monday, January 6 edition of Liberian newspapers is the World Bank Index report that discloses that China's direct investment in Liberia reached US$10 billion in 2010. In its article titled : China Becomes Â€śSpecialÂ€ to Liberia , the National Chronicle newspaper says the investments accompanied by tangible development aid packages of significant value, have given China a special place in the hearts of Liberians. Another news item that stole the headlines in Liberian newspapers is the award of Â€śFinance Minister of the Year for AfricaÂ€ bestowed on Liberia's Finance Minister Amara Konneh by the London based Banker Magazine , a subsidiary of the Financial Times. Every year, the Banker magazine selects the Finance Minister of the year by region, and informed Minister Konneh that the January edition of the magazine will be dedicated to him as Â€śFinance Minister of the Year for AfricaÂ€ .
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South