The World Bank has partnered with the government to donate devices to persons living with disability in Kakamega county. Through the Western Kenya Community Driven Development and Flood Mitigation Programme, the bank gave out 12 pieces of elbow crutches, six crutches, eight wheelchairs and four tricycles to members of Lubinu Differently Abled Group in Mumias East. Speaking during the event at Shibinga on Saturday, the programme's Butere-Mumias branch director David Olang ' said they will continue to assist people with disability.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence