Jan. 06--If you're feeling depressed today, there could be a good reason for it: It's Blue Monday, aka the most depressing day of the year.
A number of factors could be contributing to your malaise:
-- Most people returned to work today after an unusual two weeks that saw the Christmas and New Year's holidays fall on Wednesday and wreaked havoc with everyone's schedules and family get-togethers.
-- You're probably worrying about how much money you spent during the holidays and what you're going to do when the bills start rolling in.
-- The massive "polar vortex" that has brought numbing cold to most of the country. Even Central Florida can expect wind chills near 20 degrees overnight.
-- The buzz of any New Year's resolutions you may have made is probably starting to wear off.
Of course, experts say there's no scientific basis for Blue Monday.
But whether you buy it or not, take heart: It'll be Tuesday in a few hours.
(c)2014 The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.)
Visit The Orlando Sentinel (Orlando, Fla.) at www.OrlandoSentinel.com
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Original headline: BRIEF: Feeling glum? It's Blue Monday, the most depressing day of the year
Most Popular Stories
- Cantwell Targets Gender Gap in Small-Business Loans
- Hispanic Entrepreneurs Set Pace in Florida
- Chrysler Gets Nod as a Top Employer for Hispanic Women
- Perry's Lawyers Try to Close Abuse Case
- South Korea's Kia to Invest $1 Billion in Mexico
- What's the Law for Kids at Gun Ranges?
- Health-care Deal Aids Port Contract Talks
- Mario Lopez Inks New Clear Channel Deal
- FBI Probes JPMorgan Hack
- Apple Loses Bid to Block Sales of 9 Samsung Phones