Washington, Jan. 6 (ANI): The price of bitcoin reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December.
The jump comes on Mt. Gox, the second-largest exchange by volume, following multiple announcements of major businesses accepting the currency.
According to Mashable, Zynga announced that it is working with BitPay, a bitcoin-payment processor, to test accepting the digital currency as payment in certain online games.
Last month, the CEO of Overstock.com, a popular discount-shopping website, revealed plans to accept bitcoin in the first half of 2014.
Bitcoin first topped 1,000 dollars in late November 2013, but fell below that mark after news that China's central bank planned to crack down on the currency, the report added. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Bitcoin price back above $1,000 as major businesses embrace currency
Most Popular Stories
- Paniagua Wins Grand Prize in Young Artists Program
- Cable TV Not Going Away, Says Cable TV
- Yaris Adds French Flair for US Market
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Sub Hunt Brings Cold War Chill Back to Baltic
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- IBM to Pay Big to Unload Chip Division
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals