Washington, Jan. 6 (ANI): The price of bitcoin reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December.
The jump comes on Mt. Gox, the second-largest exchange by volume, following multiple announcements of major businesses accepting the currency.
According to Mashable, Zynga announced that it is working with BitPay, a bitcoin-payment processor, to test accepting the digital currency as payment in certain online games.
Last month, the CEO of Overstock.com, a popular discount-shopping website, revealed plans to accept bitcoin in the first half of 2014.
Bitcoin first topped 1,000 dollars in late November 2013, but fell below that mark after news that China's central bank planned to crack down on the currency, the report added. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Bitcoin price back above $1,000 as major businesses embrace currency
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study