Washington, Jan. 6 (ANI): The price of bitcoin reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December.
The jump comes on Mt. Gox, the second-largest exchange by volume, following multiple announcements of major businesses accepting the currency.
According to Mashable, Zynga announced that it is working with BitPay, a bitcoin-payment processor, to test accepting the digital currency as payment in certain online games.
Last month, the CEO of Overstock.com, a popular discount-shopping website, revealed plans to accept bitcoin in the first half of 2014.
Bitcoin first topped 1,000 dollars in late November 2013, but fell below that mark after news that China's central bank planned to crack down on the currency, the report added. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Bitcoin price back above $1,000 as major businesses embrace currency
Most Popular Stories
- McDonald's Packages Coffee for National Distribution
- Castro-Blanco Joins Fifth Street Finance Board
- HTC Makes Windows Version of Flagship One Phone
- Ballmer Steps Down From Microsoft Board
- Eric Holder Bringing Civil Rights Reminders to Ferguson
- Rising Freight Prices Signal Global Recovery
- Uber Hires Obama Campaign Manager David Plouffe
- Bob Marley Musical to Make Premiere in Baltimore
- Sprint Cancels Framily, Rolls Out New Data Pricing Plan
- Russia Claims Ukraine Leaders Are Satanists, Jews or Maybe Even Scientologists