Washington, Jan. 6 (ANI): The price of bitcoin reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December.
The jump comes on Mt. Gox, the second-largest exchange by volume, following multiple announcements of major businesses accepting the currency.
According to Mashable, Zynga announced that it is working with BitPay, a bitcoin-payment processor, to test accepting the digital currency as payment in certain online games.
Last month, the CEO of Overstock.com, a popular discount-shopping website, revealed plans to accept bitcoin in the first half of 2014.
Bitcoin first topped 1,000 dollars in late November 2013, but fell below that mark after news that China's central bank planned to crack down on the currency, the report added. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Bitcoin price back above $1,000 as major businesses embrace currency
Most Popular Stories
- Neighbor Warns Chris Brown to Stay Off His Property
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Venezuelan Officials Banned From Traveling in U.S.
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For
- WWE Showing Off Its Muscles
- As Jobs Market Strengthens, Many Don't Feel It
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Adrienne Bailon Disses Ex-Lover Rob Kardashian
- Target Taps Pepsi Exec as New CEO
- Hispanic Arts Leaders Unite Across the Border