Washington, Jan. 6 (ANI): The price of bitcoin reached 1,000 dollars for the first time since mid-December.
The jump comes on Mt. Gox, the second-largest exchange by volume, following multiple announcements of major businesses accepting the currency.
According to Mashable, Zynga announced that it is working with BitPay, a bitcoin-payment processor, to test accepting the digital currency as payment in certain online games.
Last month, the CEO of Overstock.com, a popular discount-shopping website, revealed plans to accept bitcoin in the first half of 2014.
Bitcoin first topped 1,000 dollars in late November 2013, but fell below that mark after news that China's central bank planned to crack down on the currency, the report added. (ANI)
(c) 2013 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Bitcoin price back above $1,000 as major businesses embrace currency
Most Popular Stories
- Doctor Who Christmas Episode Begins Production
- HCL America Adding 1,200 IT Jobs
- Medical Mfg. Jobs Coming to Dayton
- Michael Jackson, Freddie Mercury on Previously Unreleased Queen Cut
- Longtime Unemployed to Get Help in Las Vegas
- SpaceX Aims for Predawn Launch on Saturday
- Women Key to Democratic Party: Clinton
- U.S. Chamber Caught Up in Tax Inversion Question
- Feds Won't Say How Many Border Crossers Jailed
- Christie Didn't Order Bridge Shut Down, Feds Say