BIBF hosted a training session under the topic 'The Sukuk as innovative islamic finance instrument' in cooperation with International Institute of Islamic Waqf (IIIW) exclusively for Waqf sector employees. The event, which was opened by Bahrain Sunni Waqf (Endowment) Chairman Shaikh Salman bin Isa bin Khalifa Al Khalifa , discussed many topics regarding the definition of Waqf assets and equity instruments as tools for innovative financing and its impact on the wheel of economic development. "Islamic finance is of critical and strategic importance to the BIBF and Bahrain . We are very proud of our relationships with both the IIIW and the Sunni Waqf and plan to provide continuing education opportunities in the area," BIBF Director Solveig Nicklos said. "Islamic endowment funds (Waqf) are important elements in an Islamic economy. BIBF are proud to host this event, where employees in this sector learnt about Sukuks, an important instrument of Islamic Finance," BIBF Head of Accounting, IT, Islamic Finance, Research and Advisory Deen Jayah said. copyright
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels