Serbia sold EUR 223mn of debt papers at five auctions in late December, data from the country's public debt administration showed. On December 23 Serbia EUR 41.8mn of 53-week euro-denominated T-notes at an annual yield of 3.50%, down from 3.80% achieved at the previous such auction on November 12 . The newly sold debt papers mature on January 1, 2015 . On December 24 , the Treasury re-opened a five-year euro-denominated T-notes issue maturing on October 10, 2018 , selling EUR 24.5mn at an annual yield of 5.25%. The securities have a 1,749-day residual maturity. The same T-notes were sold at 5.75% on October 8 . The Treasury sold out EUR 50mn of 2-year T-bonds on December 25 , at an annual yield of 4.28%, down from 4.68% achieved at the previous such auction held on October 11 . The newly sold securities mature on December 27, 2014 and bear an annual coupon of 4.50%. Serbia sold out RSD 10bn ( EUR 87mn ) of 53-week T-notes on December 30, 2013 , at an annual yield of 8.89% also down from the 9.40% yield achieved at the previous such auction in early December. On December 31 , Serbia re-opened a five year euro-denominated T-notes issue maturing on August 22, 2018 , selling EUR 19.2mn . the securities have a 1,689 –day residual maturity. The Treasury sold 19, 154 debt papers at an annual yield of 5.15%, while the same T- notes were sold at 5.25% in August. The securities bear a 4.5% annual coupon. In 2013, the Serbia sold the equivalent of EUR 3.7bn of debt papers on the domestic market. The country also placed two Eurobond issues in February and November on the international financial market worth a combined USD 2.5bn ( EUR 1.8bn ). In 2014, Serbia plans to borrow some EUR 5.6bn to service its debt and finance a budget gap that is expected to reach 7.1% of economic output, finance minister Lazar Krstic said in December. In net terms, the country's public debt will increase by EUR 1.6bn in 2014, Krsic underscored.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels