Passenger turnover in Riga International Airport (RIX) went up by 0.5% y/y to 4.79mn passengers in 2013. In December alone the turnover slipped by 0.4% y/y 0.329mn people. To compare, in 2011 airport's passenger turnover increased by 9.5% y/y to 5.1mn people, in 2012 it declined by 6.5% y/y to 4.77mn passengers. In 2013, 67,406 flights were operated from the airport, down by 1.7% y/y. RIX is fully owned by the state and is the largest air traffic hub in the Baltic States. National air carrier airBaltic remains the main operator in the airport, accounting for over 65% of the passenger turnover and serving more than 60 destinations from RIX. RIX posted net profit of LVL 1.379mn ( EUR 1.9mn ) in 2012. This made a recovery from LVL 0.409mn profit seen in 2011 and LVL 2.76mn loss of 2010. RIX turnover in 2012 amounted to LVL 30.16mn , growing by 29.8% y/y. Revenues from main aviation services increased by 56.6% y/y, revenues from non-aviation services went up by 9% y/y.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?