TEHRAN (FNA)- Managing director of Iran's Oil Terminals Company (IOTC) Seyed Pirouz Mossavi said speeding up development of infrastructures is necessary for launching crude oil swap in the North Oil Terminal on the shores of the Caspian Sea . Speaking during a visit to the North Oil Terminal , Mossavi further stressed on picking up the speed of repairing oil storage tanks of the terminal and dredging of its pond.Â By construction of various and multipurpose jetties including oil products loading and offloading facilities as well as setting up service and backing docks for berthing oil tankers with as much as 14 thousand tons capacity, IOTC plans to boost the capacity for crude oil swap with Caspian Sea littoral states.Â Â Existence of potentials for swapping 300 thousand barrels of crude oil per day is one of the advantages Central Asian countries enjoy it in Caspian Sea region. Meanwhile Iran enjoys proper infrastructures in the south, in Persian Gulf, for delivery of the same amount of crude oil to its northern neighbors.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks