A Seattle woman named Beautiful Existence said she ate nothing but Starbucks food in 2013, at a cost of more than $7,000 -- about $20 a day.
Existence said she challenged herself to eat only foods purchased at Starbucks during 2013 and she managed to lose weight on the diet, KOMO-TV, Seattle, reported Friday.
The woman, whose challenges in previous years included shopping only at Goodwill for the year 2011 and applying articles from Parents magazine to her family life in 2012, said she does not think her Starbucks diet was unhealthy.
"Starbucks puts together menu items and protein bistro boxes and you know as long as you're active and as long as you really monitor the intake of your calories, you absolutely can lose weight and I did," she said.
Existence said her 2014 challenge is to try out as many recreational sports as she can during the year.
Copyright 2014 United Press International, Inc. (UPI). Any reproduction, republication, redistribution and/or modification of any UPI content is expressly prohibited without UPI's prior written consent.
Most Popular Stories
- Fed Committee Optimistic About Growth Prospects
- How ESPN Became a $50B Sports Empire
- Pot's Legal in WA -- But You Should Probably Ask Your Boss
- Drive-In Movie Theaters Use Creativity to Afford Digital Switch
- Obama Cites Letter Writers in Pitching Economy
- Pau Gasol Turns Down Lakers' Offer
- U.S. Immigration Courts Facing Record Backlog
- President Obama Relishes Roadshow, but Agenda Still Stuck
- Stevie Fielder Changes Tune on Thad Cochran Vote-buying Story
- Farrell, Kitsch Rumored for Season 2 of 'True Detective'