The report awarded Yellowfin an overall rating of 90.5%, also lauding the vendor for its innovative integration of collaborative features and functions within its Mobile BI offering.
The 2014 Mobile BI Value Index – a fully independent research-based index evaluating technology vendors and products on their ability to deliver reporting and analytics via mobile devices – assessed the Mobile BI maturity and capabilities of 16 BI solutions, available as of
“Yellowfin offers a functionally rich and highly intuitive platform for mobile reporting and analytics,” said VP and Research Director at
The study evaluated vendors and their products across seven categories. Five were product-oriented and assessed usability, manageability, reliability, capability and adaptability. The remaining two categories focused on customer assurance issues - “vendor validation” and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO)/Return on Investment (ROI).
Products were ranked – via a graphic representation of a thermometer in a precise numerical index – on their ability to deliver value to prospective Mobile BI clients. Products were placed on a scale from “minimally valuable” – represented by the color blue (“Frigid”), to “very valuable” – denoted by the color red (“Hot”).
“Recognition as a ‘Hot’ vendor in Ventana Research’s 2014 Value Index for Mobile BI confirms Yellowfin as a world-class Mobile BI provider,” said Yellowfin CEO,
Rabie also noted that recent updates to Yellowfin’s Mobile BI capabilities during the launch of Yellowfin 7 in
Yellowfin offers customers the ability to receive mobile analytics out-of-the-box, on any device or platform at no additional cost, via native applications for the iPhone, iPad, hybrid HTML 5 application for Android devices or Web-browser.
For more on Yellowfin’s latest Mobile BI updates, go here: http://www.yellowfinbi.com/YFCommunityNews-Yellowfin-launches-Yellowfin-7-analytics-platform-Makes-enterprise-wide-Data-Dis-150754.
An executive summary of Ventana Research’s 2014 Value Index for Mobile BI can be downloaded here: http://www.ventanaresearch.com/MobileBIvalueindex/.
Yellowfin: An industry leading Mobile BI solution
This latest ranking reaffirms Yellowfin as a first-choice provider of Mobile Business Intelligence (BI). Yellowfin has been recognized by many independent analyst and media bodies for its Mobile BI proficiency. Acknowledgement includes:
• The Business Applications Research Center’s (BARC)
• Analyst firm Ovum acknowledged Yellowfin as a top Mobile BI vendor “leading the charge with feature-packed yet functional mobile solutions” in its report Solutions Guide: Mobile Business Intelligence
• Yellowfin was recognized in Gartner’s latest Who’s Who in Mobile BI report
• Enterprise IT media outlet, softwareadvice.com, ranked Yellowfin’s iPad application for Mobile BI among the best designs in the world
Yellowfin is a global Business Intelligence (BI) and analytics software vendor passionate about making BI easy. Yellowfin is headquartered and developed in
Founded in 2003 in response to the complexity and costs associated with implementing and using traditional BI tools, Yellowfin is a leader in mobile, collaborative and embeddable BI as well as Location Intelligence and data visualization. For more information, visit http://www.yellowfinbi.com.
To learn how
For further media information, interviews, images or product demonstration, please contact:
For regular updates and news, follow Yellowfin on Twitter (@YellowfinBI), LinkedIn (Yellowfin Business Intelligence) or email pr(at)yellowfin(dot)bi to subscribe to Yellowfin’s free e-newsletter.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014-Value-Index-for-/Mobile-BI/prweb11542628.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy