A collaboration agreement for the preclinical and clinical development of new mucosal tuberculosis (TB) vaccines based on NIBIO s human parainfluenza type?2 (rhPIV2) vector technology is signed by the
The collaboration will move forward vaccine candidates based on the rhPIV2 technology through preclinical stages with a plan to advance to safety and immunogenicity testing in clinical trials.
NIBIO, Aeras, and Create Vaccine under the agreement will work together jointly to set up development criteria and assess progress through agreed upon development milestones.
This will comprise the characterization of new vaccine constructs with a variety of antigens, the conduct of immunology studies to identify the most promising novel vaccines and the establishment of current good manufacturing practices (cGMP).
The partners will team up jointly to set up development criteria and assess progress through decided upon development milestones.
The collaboration agreement, which was inked on
Create, a joint venture company between
Dr Evans added, "This type of collaboration among global experts is exactly the approach needed to find an effective vaccine that will end tuberculosis in
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better
- China Slows Down: The Cohen Column
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- EPA Eases Back on Biofuels Mandate
- Biden Leaves Ukraine as Russian Invasion Threat Rises
- Stocks See 6th Gain in a Row on Solid Earnings
- Ellen DeGeneres Producing HGTV Series
- IRS Awards Bonuses to Employees Who Owe Back Taxes