University of Michigan's gauge of consumer sentiment for January rose in the final reading to 81.2, up from 80.4 in the prior reading, and up from 82.5 a month earlier.
Estimates called for a rise to 81.0 Economic conditions index rose to 96.8 from 95.2 in November, while economic outlook rose to 71.2 from 70.9
The 1-year ahead inflation expectations rose to 3.1 percent from 3.0 percent in December, while 5-year inflation expectations remained unchanged at 2.9 percent from 2.9 percent.
(c) 2014 ICN.COM. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: University of Michigan consumer sentiment beats estimates, but declines from December
Most Popular Stories
- Alabama House Speaker Arrested on Felony Ethics Charges
- 'Fury' Blows 'Gone Girl' Out of the Box Office
- Turkey to Help Kurds Reach Fight in Kobani
- German Intelligence Blames Ukraine Rebels for MH17
- Clinton Rallies Early Vote for Landrieu
- ISIS Seeks to Expand Terror War
- 'Fury' Gets Into Soldiers' Minds: Brad Pitt
- Car Drivers Warned to Get Air Bags Fixed
- Prius Drivers Battle Stereotypes
- Perez Leads Push for Obama's Job Proposals