WASHINGTON , Jan. 30 -- The Commodity Futures Trading Commission issued the following news release: The Commodity Futures Trading Commission's (CFTC or Commission) Division of Market Oversight (Division) today announced that MarketAxess SEF Corporation's ( MarketAxess ) self-certification of available-to-trade determinations (MAT Determination) for certain credit default swap (CDS) contracts is self-certified. The CDS contracts included in MarketAxess' MAT Determination were previously determined to be made available to trade as a result of an earlier MAT Determination submitted by TW SEF LLC (Tradeweb) that was self-certified on January 27, 2014 . Under Commission regulations, these CDS contracts, whether listed or offered by MarketAxess or any other swap execution facility (SEF) or designated contract market (DCM), will become subject to the trade execution requirement under section 2(h)(8) of the Commodity Exchange Act 30 days after Tradeweb's January 27, 2014 certification. All transactions involving swaps that are subject to the trade execution requirement must be executed through a DCM or a SEF. To the extent swaps subject to the trade execution requirement are executed on a SEF, they must be executed in accordance with the execution methods prescribed by Commission regulations. Transactions involving the following CDS contracts will be subject to the trade execution requirement, effective February 26, 2014 . Table omitted. Click here to view: ( http://www.cftc.gov/PressRoom/PressReleases/pr6843-14 ) TNS 24KuanRap-140131 30FurigayJof-4621590 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Yahoo Struggles Despite Alibaba Boost
- Chevrolet's Small SUV Coming to the U.S.
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Rapper Cuts Off Own Penis, Jumps Off Building in Failed Suicide
- Neil Young Closes Kickstarter Campaign for PonoMusic