MONTREAL - Tembec Inc. (TSX:TMB) says it had a small profit in the first quarter of its 2014 financial year, a big turnaround from the loss it recorded a year earlier. The Montreal -based lumber, pulp, paper and cellulose producer said its net income was $2 million or two cents per share, which compared with a $15-million net loss or 15 cents per share in comparable period. Sales were down year-over-year, dropping to $354 million from $376 million in the first quarter of fiscal 2013. ( The Canadian Press )
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict