TOKYO , Jan. 31 -- ( Kyodo ) _ NTT Docomo Inc. said Friday its group net profit in the April-December period rose 3.3 percent from a year earlier to 430.18 billion yen , owing to sales of Apple Inc.'s iPhone smartphones from September. However, Japan's largest mobile phone carrier's overall revenue edged down 0.2 percent to 3.36 trillion yen , as voice-related communications revenue declined due to increased Internet-based calls using apps. While overall sales volume of mobile phones fell 8.6 percent to 16.07 million units, strong sales of higher priced iPhone smartphones contributed to a 15.8 percent rise to 675.8 billion yen in overall sales revenues of mobile communication devices, including tablet computers. For the full business year through March, NTT Docomo kept its group net profit outlook unchanged at 510 billion yen , up 3.9 percent from the previous year, on estimated sales of 4.64 trillion yen , up 3.8 percent.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Clinton Sought GOP Support for Health Plan
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- Saucedo Mercer Running on Empty in Arizona
- Spring Salmon Return to San Joaquin
- Earnings Season Starts Rough for Health Insurers
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- IPO Market Shows Signs of Settling Down to Earth
- Pakistan Library Dedicated to 'Osama bin Laden, the Martyr'