Nokia Solutions and Networks has successfully completed the world’s first live video call and an extensive set of test cases for Voice over LTE (VoLTE) in
To verify the functionality and performance of VoLTE in its TD-LTE network,
A video call made in an LTE network that utilizes eSRVCC allows a high-definition (HD) call that is established in the IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) over VoLTE and then handed over to 2G/3G using voice continuity. This means the voice portion of the call can continue seamlessly even if 4G coverage is no longer available.*
The capabilities proven in the tests were made possible by NSN’s VoLTE solution and services expertise, which allow operators to make much more efficient use of their radio resources. NSN’s solution delivers very high Quality of Service (QoS) for transport and radio scheduling and, in addition, admission and congestion control can be efficiently tuned to preserve the voice quality experience in the presence of heavy traffic loads.**
“Implementing VoLTE is a definite competitive advantage for operators, enabling higher spectral efficiency and lower operational costs while placing them in a position to counter the offering from OTT players,” said
“Our hard work in integrating the VoLTE solution in
NSN was pleased to surpass the competitors with the quality of its Fuzhou VoLTE test results and demonstrate the top-of-class cooperation of its professional services team and R&D support. The solution will be commercially available in March across both TDD and FDD variants of LTE.
Download NSN’s White Paper “Evolve to richer voice with Voice over LTE (VoLTE)” (PDF).
To share your thoughts on the topic, join the discussion with @NSNtweets on Twitter using #mobilebroadband and #VoLTE. For expert insights, visit our blog at http://blogs.nsn.com/.
Nokia Solutions and Networks is the world’s specialist in mobile broadband. From the first ever call on GSM, to the first call on LTE, we operate at the forefront of each generation of mobile technology. Our global experts invent the new capabilities our customers need in their networks. We provide the world’s most efficient mobile networks, the intelligence to maximize the value of those networks, and the services to make it all work seamlessly.
With headquarters in Espoo,
Phone: +86 10 8405 6203
Phone: +358 7140 02869
Read more about NSN’s IMS and VoLTE insights:
• How to ensure subscribers get the best data and voice on LTE
• NSN commercializes enhanced voice call continuity for VoLTE
• VoLTE-ing over OTT voice by leaps and bounds
• IMS is the center of future communication
• The prerequisite for a smooth introduction of VoLTE and unmatched scalability for new LTE-based services is provided by NSN’s IP Multimedia Subsystem (IMS) Core. It is the most advanced and comprehensive solution in the market, and NSN is the largest IMS vendor for LTE deployment. Its VoLTE solution includes enhanced SRVCC to hand over voice calls to the existing GSM network when partial LTE coverage is available. This helps maintain a seamless customer experience when networks have partial coverage during LTE network development.
** In the case of OTT-based voice solutions where traffic is handled by E-UTRAN, calls get dropped and packets can get lost or delayed in cases of congestion.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11542852.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- College Board Offers a Sneak Peak at New SAT
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Salsa Legend Cheo Feliciano Killed in Car Crash
- Earthlike Planet Found in Red Dwarf's Goldilocks Zone
- New Auto Plant to Create 155 Jobs in Kentucky
- Miss. Gov. Signs Bills to Curb Unions
- Hiring and Weekly Jobless Claims Both Edge Up
- Generating Solar Power in the Dark
- Google Q1 Earnings Dip as Ad Prices Slip