The deal announced Wednesday will rid
Fiat-chrysler has new company name
Chrysler and Fiat will be known as
Shares of the combined company will trade jointly under FCA on the
Chrysler, in its final earnings release as a separate company, said its net income more than quadrupled to
stocks slide after fed cuts stimulus
Ongoing jitters in emerging markets and more cuts to the Federal Reserve's economic stimulus combined to push stocks lower for the fourth day out of the last five on Wednesday.
Currencies including the Turkish lira and the South African rand fell against the dollar despite efforts by central banks in those countries to stem the declines by raising interest rates.
The Fed is cutting back its bond purchases even though the prospect of reduced stimulus has rattled global markets. The move was largely anticipated by analysts and investors.
The Standard & Poor's 500 index fell 18.30 points to 1,774.20. The Dow fell 189.77 points to 15,738.79. The Nasdaq composite dropped 46.53 points to 4,051.43.
Without adjusting for market fluctuation in pension expenses,
WellPoint, parent company ofVirginia Beach-based
A federal bankruptcy judge has approved
A British court ruled that
A total of 1.004 billion smartphones were shipped to vendors worldwide in 2013, a report by IDC says. The 2013 figure is up 38.4 percent from 2012.
- From wire reports
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO