Washington, Jan. 31 (ANI): Indian-origin executive vice president of Microsoft's Cloud group, Satya Nadella is reportedly said to be closer at grabbing the top position at the company as current CEO Steve Ballmer heads towards his retirement.
A report by Bloomberg has revealed that Microsoft is preparing to officially announce Nadella as Ballmer's replacement.
According to Cnet, it is also said that the company board might decide to replace Bill Gates as chairman.
Nadella currently heads Microsoft's cloud computing, which powers Office 365, Bing, SkyDrive, Xbox Live, Skype, Dynamics, and enterprises around the world, and if chosen as the next chief, would become only the third CEO in Microsoft's 38-year history.
Meanwhile, John Thompson, Microsoft's lead independent director, who is also heading the search committee for Ballmer replacement, is being considered as a possible chairman to replace Gates.
Microsoft's potential list for Ballmer replacements included Skype head Tony Bates, Thompson, Ford CEO Alan Mulally, and Ericsson head Hans Vestberg.
However, Vestberg and Mulally had officially dismissed the rumours of being potential candidates.
The report said that Microsoft denied commenting on finalising Nadella's candidature for the post. (ANI)
(c) 2014 aninews.in All rights reserved. Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Original headline: Indian-origin cloud chief Satya Nadella closer to top job at Microsoft
Most Popular Stories
- Homeowners More Satisfied With Mortgage Servicers
- Why Samsung Shares Plunged in the April-June Quarter
- House Shelves Immigration Bill, Goes on Vacation
- NASA Plans to Make Oxygen on Mars
- What Hamas and Israel Hope to Gain in Gaza
- Notorious RBG Tells All in Couric Interview
- House GOP Leaders Abandon Immigrant Bill
- Wisconsin Supreme Court: Voter IDs Must Be Free
- Market Loses All of July's Gains in One Day
- Ford Tremor: Easy to Park, Hard to Pay For