Jan. 31--Dr. Jose Luna was recently appointed as the Chief Executive Officer for the Centro San Vicente, officials with the health center announced Thursday.
Luna had previously served as the Chief Medical director for the health center. Luna also serves as the board chairman for the El Paso Hospital District Board of Managers.
In 2003, Luna was the interim CEO for the health center, and from 1998 to 2005, he served as the Medical Director at Thomason Cares Community Health Centers. In addition, Luna also volunteered his time as the chairman of the Texas Tech Department of Community Health.
His accolades include the Humanitarian award in 2012; the El Pasoan of the Year award in 2012; and the Person of Vision award by the El Paso Diabetes Association in 2011.
He is most recognized for his diabetes infomercials and as serving as a national motivational speaker at several forums including the America's Health Care Crisis forum hosted by the National Hispanic Medical Association in Washington, D.C.
(c)2014 the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas)
Visit the El Paso Times (El Paso, Texas) at www.elpasotimes.com
Original headline: BRIEF: New CEO named for Centro San Vicente
Distributed by MCT Information Services
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- What to Expect From an Amazon Smartphone
- Asia Seeks Obama's Assurance Over Spats
- Coachella's Young Audience a Marketers Paradise
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- National Energy Boom Blurs Political Battle Lines
- Auto Parts Plant Opening in Pa., Jobs on Tap
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs