Following is the text of press note issued by Press Information Department (PID) Quote A Libyan delegation led by Khaled Amr . E Algonsel, Managing Director, Libyan Foreign Investment company met the Finance Minister, Senator Muhammad Ishaq Dar here Thursday. During the meeting they discussed issues of bilateral economic interest. The Minister said that Pakistan and Libya enjoy close relations and there was a great potential for expanding bilateral trade. The Libyan delegation evinced keen interest in making further investments in Pakistan specially in Public Sector Entities being disinvested by the Government of Pakistan . The Libyan delegation also praised that the financial sector in Pakistan was very developed and therefore desired that the Libyans be trained in this field by institutions in Pakistan . The Finance Minister welcomed the interest shown by the Libyan Government in making investments in Pakistan and said that the government was prepared to impart training to improve the capacity of Libyans in the Financial Sector. He further said that Pakistan had embarked on a plan to impart skills for use of its manpower according to the specific requirements of Middle East including work on transmission lines and oil industry. Welcoming the offer of investment in Pakistan the Finance Minister said that the huge market and potential in Pakistan presents a unique opportunity to investors and assured them of transparency and zero tolerance for corruption. The meeting was attended by Mr. Bashir Blkasm Omer, Chairman, Pak-Libya Holding Co. (Pvt.), Ltd Mr. Abid Aziz , MD/CEO, Pak-Libya Holding Co (Pvt.) Ltd , Mr. Khalid St Benrjoba, D.MD, Pak-Libya Holding Company private Limited, Advisor to Finance Division Rana Asad Amin, Secretary Finance Dr. Waqar Masood Khan and senior officials of the Ministry of Finance . For more information, contact: Haji Ahmed Malik Principal Information Officer Press Information Department (PID) Tel: +9251 925 2323 and +9251 925 2324 Fax: +9251 925 2325 and +9251 925 2326 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Unquote
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?