Iranian researchers from
The nanofibrous coating is made of chitosan and polycaprolactone polymers, and has a good performance in the treatment of skin injuries such as deep wounds and third-degree burns,
It also has applications in medical and pharmaceutical industries, especially in centers treating burn injuries.
One of the most important issues in the first hours after burning is to control and take out infection, and to prevent the entry of microbes and bacteria into the wound.
Therefore, the main objective of this research was to produce biocompatible and antibacterial scaffolds from chitosan biological polymer and the artificial and biocompatible polymer of polycaprolactone in the form of porous nanofibrous coatings with high ability to take out all liquids flowing from the burnt or wounded area.
The polymer would help treat various types of deep wounds and third-degree burns.
The researchers used a mixture of biocompatible artificial polymers of polycaprolactone, chitosan natural polymer and polyvinyl alcohol artificial polymer. They produced the nanofibrous coating after the preparation of the solution through electrospinning method so they can be used in the form of a cell-free scaffold with stem cell.
Pathological studies showed the scaffold's effectiveness in comparison with the control group. The conservation of nanometric physical structure during the treatment results in the sorption of more fibroblast into the derma layer, and the more possibility of collagen making leads to the better treatment of the skin.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder