Smartphones shipped worldwide approach 980 million in 2013, representing 39% y-o-y growthSamsung once again dominates despite fall in quarterly shipments to 81 million in Q4Apple sells record 51 million iPhones, best Q4 sales everHampshire,
Samsung shipped over 300 million smartphones in 2013 accounting for just over 30% of all smartphone shipments, and represented a phenomenal 40% y-o-y growth compared to 2012. However, for the first time Samsung witnessed a quarterly fall in shipments and market share, to just over 81 million in Q4 2013.
Apple breaks iPhone Quarterly Sales Record
Meanwhile, Apple posted a record quarter of 51 million iPhone sales, representing q-o-q growth of 51% and y-o-y growth of 7% compared to Q4 2012. Apple's iPhone ASP (average selling price) has been on the decline since Q4 2011, but rose by 10% q-o-q to
Nokia's handset sales dropped by nearly 30% in Q4 2013, with sales of the flagship Lumia range falling to 8.2 million in Q4 compared to 8.8 million in Q3 2013. However, 30 million Lumia smartphones were sold throughout 2013, compared to 13 million in 2012.
LG posted another record quarter with quarterly smartphone sale exceeding 13 million for the first time, representing an increase of over 50% compared to Q4 2012. However, the company announced that although profit improved q-o-q due to improved G2 and Nexus 5 sales, it declined y-o-y due to higher marketing expenses and intensified price competition.
While several other smartphone vendors, including
A Specialised, More Local Approach
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Darrell Issa Apologizes to Elijah Cummings
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits