Bargain hunters are wise to pay careful attention to insider buying, because although there are many various reasons for an insider to sell a stock, presumably the only reason they would use their hard-earned cash to make a purchase, is that they expect to make money. Today we look at two noteworthy recent insider buys. On Thursday, TCW Strategic Income Fund (TSI)'s Portfolio Manager, Tad Rivelle , made a $379,731 buy of TSI, purchasing 71,190 shares at a cost of $5.33 each. TCW Strategic Income Fund is trading up about 0.3% on the day Friday. Before this latest buy, Rivelle purchased TSI at 7 other times during the past year, for a total cost of $558,392 at an average of $5.31 per share. And at VeriFone Systems (PAY), there was insider buying on Tuesday, by CFO Marc E. Rothman who purchased 10,000 shares at a cost of $28.67 each, for a total investment of $286,700. VeriFone Systems is trading up about 0.4% on the day Friday. The preceding is a transcript of the MarketNewsVideo.com video published at: http://www.marketnewsvideo.com/?id=201401Insiders013114&mv=1 .
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?