Translated by Reza Abesh Ahmadlou French investors expressed their willingness to cooperate in implementing the Simareh Dam project to supply water to Ilam and its 500 neighboring villages. Mohammad Reza Morvarid , governor general of Ilam province, also told IRNA that this project will be implemented through finance mode according to international and national financial standards by attracting foreign resources. He stressed that the successful policy of the government in developing relations with other countries has paved the way for the presence of foreign firms to cooperate in infrastructural and economic projects. Simareh Dam , as the largest dam of the province, is located 40 kilometers west of Darreh-Shahr. The double-curvature arch dam, with a height of 180 meters, will help irrigate about 7,000 hectares of Ilam farms. Besides holding 3.2 billion cubic meters of water, Simareh Dam can produce 850 million kilowatt-hour of electricity per year.
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter