Every household has the default tech expert called on to fix any and all tech problems. These “problems” often involve setting up a new PC, which is really setting up the tech expert for failure. Moving data manually will almost certainly result in lost data. Personal settings will be lost. Applications have to be reinstalled on the new PC; good luck finding the old CDs and license keys! And of course, if (when) something isn’t properly moved from the old PC to the new one, then it is clear who is at fault.
“The family tech person sacrifices free time to help out confused and frustrated family members and friends,” said
PCmover handles everything automatically using a wizard-like interface for user selections. The default selections can be accepted or users can select exactly which folders and programs they’d like to move over. PCmover does all the rest. There’s no need to find old serial numbers, license codes, or installation disks because PCmover transfers most applications to the new PC installed and ready-to-use.
“I like to say that PCmover saves weekends and marriages,” continued Koll. “Instead of wasting an entire weekend or more getting a new PC configured, PCmover gets the job done in minutes. And, there’s no blame for a botched data transfer!”
PCmover also includes Laplink’s Free Transfer Assistance (FTA), a toll-free call to a certified migration expert who will guide the entire migration process all at no additional cost, allowing anyone to easily set up a new PC regardless of their technical expertise.
“With Valentine’s Day around the corner, don’t let a bad PC setup experience ruin a great relationship,” added Koll. “If you’re the family tech person, get PCmover so you can help friends and family set up a new PC without losing your weekend. Or, because FTA makes it so easy for anyone, just tell them about PCmover so they can do it themselves. Either way, your weekend will be saved.”
PCmover comes in several editions, all with FTA, including:
• Windows 7 or 8 Upgrade Assistant: The easiest way to perform an in-place upgrade to Windows 7 or Windows 8. Get PCmover Windows 7 Upgrade Assistant free for one day only on February 4!
• Image & Drive Assistant: The only way to restore an old image or hard drive to a new PC.
• PCmover Home: The best software for users who want basic functionality in a low-cost solution for migrating from their old home PC to a new PC.
• PCmover Professional: Laplink’s most popular version of PCmover that performs migrations to a new PC, in-place upgrades, restores an old image to the new operating system, and rescues hard drive contents from a non-working PC.
• PCmover Enterprise: The only migration tool that allows IT professionals to manage migrations, even for unmanaged PCs.
PCmover can be purchased at http://www.laplink.com or Amazon,
For over 30 years, Laplink has been the leader in providing software used for PC migration, remote access, file transfer, and synchronization. The privately-held company was founded in 1983 and is headquartered in
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/Laplink-Saves/Relationships-PCmover/prweb11543420.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'