- The Euro is breaking major trendline support , technical forecasts favor further weakness - A substantial shift in retail forex trader sentiment suggests the EURUSD likely topped - Build in FX Volatility prices favors continued Dollar strength The Euro is breaking to fresh multi-month lows versus the US Dollar, and these three key factors that favor a larger EURUSD downtrend. The first is simple: price is breaking to fresh multi-month lows, and a move below major trendline support suggests the multi-month uptrend may be coming to an end. Euro Breaks to Multi-Month Lows and Trades Below Trendline Support Our Senior Strategist writes that the Euro looks at risk as it breaks said trendline , and indeed a close below $1.3540 would cement the case for a larger decline. The second key factor we're watching is retail forex trader sentiment; yesterday we highlighted a major shift that warned of continued EURUSD weakness . Major Shift in Retail Forex Sentiment Warns of Further EURUSD Declines Finally, a sharp build in forex volatility prices warns that many traders are betting on and/or hedging against major currency moves. Indeed, a fairly strong correlation between our DailyFX Volatility Indices and the Dow Jones FXCM Dollar Index supports the case for USD strength. US 10-Year Treasury Yield has Failed at Key Resistance and Looks at Risks of Declines All in all it seems as though there are considerable downside risks to the Euro, particularly versus the US Dollar and (not shown) the Japanese Yen . Contact and follow David via Twitter: https://twitter.com/DRodriguezFX
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law