ENP Newswire - 31 January 2014 Release date- 30012014 - Credit risk is the single largest factor affecting the soundness of financial institutions and the financial system as a whole and lending is the principal business for most banks. The ratio for total loans to total assets for the year ended 31st December 2013 was 58.20%. In order to identify the potential causes and enhance understanding of credit risk, the Central Bank of Kenya introduced a quarterly Credit Officer Survey in 2012. For the quarter ended 31st December 2013 , CBK received Credit Officer Survey responses from 42 operational banks and 1 mortgage finance company.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS