ENP Newswire - 31 January 2014 Release date- 30012014 - Credit risk is the single largest factor affecting the soundness of financial institutions and the financial system as a whole and lending is the principal business for most banks. The ratio for total loans to total assets for the year ended 31st December 2013 was 58.20%. In order to identify the potential causes and enhance understanding of credit risk, the Central Bank of Kenya introduced a quarterly Credit Officer Survey in 2012. For the quarter ended 31st December 2013 , CBK received Credit Officer Survey responses from 42 operational banks and 1 mortgage finance company.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party