Bahrain -based telecom operator, Batelco, saw its net profit drop 28% to USD 115.6mn in 2013 impacted by a number of one off expenses partly related to the acquisition of the Islands Portfolio from Cable and Wireless Company (CWC), the company said in a press release. Nevertheless, the company's EBITDA at USD 320.2mn for 2013 retained a healthy 33% margin for the financial year due to positive impact of overseas operations and improved performance in the domestic market. Gross revenue grew by 22% to USD 983mn with fully 54% of revenue and 50% of EBITDA generated from overseas operations.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party