Item 2.02 Results of Operations and Financial Condition On January 31, 2014 , ASB Bancorp, Inc. (the "Company"), the holding company for Asheville Savings Bank, S.S.B ., issued a news release announcing its financial results for the three months and year ended December 31, 2013 . A copy of the news release is included as Exhibit 99.1 to this report and is furnished herewith. Item 8.01 Other Events On January 30, 2014 , the Company's Board of Directors approved a stock repurchase program whereby the Company may repurchase up to 5%, or 252,003 shares, of its outstanding common stock. For further information, reference is made to the Company's news release dated January 31, 2014 , a copy of which is attached to this Report as Exhibit 99.1 and is furnished herewith.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11